CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 29 May 2012

DOCRAFTS BLOG PROMPT 26 - WHAT WAS MY DREAM JOB AS A CHILD

What was your dream job as a child?

I grew up wanting to be a nurse and just before I left school I started needlework and dressmaking. When I left school I had a place at fashion college and to start Nurse training I took the decision to do my nurse training but all along continued to make clothing in my spare time.  When I qualified I did a part time fashion course which convinced me I'd made the right decision.  I enjoyed dressmaking and would make ball gowns for friend and collegues at work. 

My nursing went from strength to strength as I worked in various London hospitals did various courses as I had set my sights on a career in Critical Care. I worked in some amazing  places and with some amazing people, I also saw some amazing things like my 1st heart transplant which was a breath taking procedure to watch.

As the years went by I developed a love of costume dramas and by chance saw an advert for a costume interpretation course which I applied for and got a place.  This was a hard but fabulous 2 years I had to drop my nursing hours to part time as the course was full time and had to cram in some extra hours so I could fund my course.

I learn so much and got involved in some amazing projects.  The dressmaking went on to making wedding gowns which I love.

So at the end of the day I got both. x

No comments:

Post a Comment